Thursday 6 November 2014

Woodlands Health and Beauty Spa: Pampered for the very first time!


Considering that I am a fashion conscious girl who adores anything floral, somehow incorporates a splash of baby pink and a pastel pallet into my daily attire and still sing into my hairbrush on a daily basis, I am a terrible excuse for a woman. Seldom do I book myself in for a much-needed pamper session in my local beauticians (although such a thing seems obligatory for the majority of girls my age) and when I do, it simply consists of a HD brow treatment and the application of acrylic stiletto nail extensions. So, when my very feminine colleague started to explain the process of a facial she recently had, my brain went into hibernation. I suddenly realised, much to my dismay, that at almost twenty I had never experienced the divine range of beauty treatments that most girls thrive on to look their best. And of course, to feel their best!


I was absolutely delighted when Franki, the very friendly marketing manager from Woodlands Health and Beauty Spa, invited me to her Aigburth salon for some (very) long overdue pampering. I was greeted by Zoe, who is not only qualified to perform beauty treatments such as nail therapy and waxing, but is also the salon's appointed make-up artist and beauty therapist. I felt confident that I was in safe and professional hands, and when she kindly offered me a fruity tea (of which I am adoring) I took an instant shine to her. Clearly passionate about her chosen career, Zoe was more than willing to offer her advice from one female to another and to extend her professional expertise as she helped me to decide which colour to choose for my Shellac Rockstar Nails. We agreed on Cake-pop Pink, topped with a beautiful white glitter to create a 'candyfloss' effect. As soon as Zoe painted the first nail, it was clear that I was going to be delighted with the finished result. The colour was so me, and the glitter she used to finish the nail was gorgeous. So this is how glam girls feel!

Previous to my visit to Woodlands, I had never before had a pedicure. Please, don't judge. I decided to give the treatment a try, and in the spirit of the imminent winter, decided to opt for something a little more festive. Zoe suggested using a black shellac as the base and using a glitter boasting beautiful tones of green, blue, silver and gold to mimic a firework display. The glitter stood out against the black base of the nails as glam and tres chic. It also struck me as a totally unique look, and only served to allude further to Zoe's flair for beauty. 

Once my nails had completely dried, she applied a special oil to my nails and cuticles, before explaining that it was important to do this regularly to hydrate the nail and surrounding skin. Who knew? Not me, that's for sure! What I did know, however, was that my fingers and toes had never looked (or felt) so good! I was absolutely overjoyed with my nails, and even more pleased to learn that with the right care and protection they can last for up to three weeks! 

Woodlands Health and Beauty Spa is a truly special place. A tranquil heaven located at the heart of Aigburth, the staff were passionate, patient and attentive. I cannot imagine a more peaceful place. The entire experience was completely refreshing, and I will certainly be returning for many more pampering sessions in the future. Stock up on your fruity tea, ladies!








No comments:

Post a Comment