Monday 20 October 2014

A Perfect Contradiction - The Outsiders' Edition.


With the flip of a page in my diary, I realised much to my horror that today is once again Monday. Whilst Monday is renowned for precipitating those terribly intrusive post-weekend blues (those blues that always seem impossible to banish) this Monday is different. Wonderfully so. As I write this blog and sip my favourite fruity tea (divine cherry bakewell) my ears are filled by the beautiful melodies of Paloma Faith's perfect vocal styling.

This morning, I was delighted to see an invitation from the lovely team at Sony Music sitting in my inbox. I am all too aware that an email from Sony Music is always something to get particularly excited about. They ever so kindly asked if i'd like to preview Paloma's brand new album (eek) A Perfect Contradiction - The Outsiders' Edition, ahead of its release on November 10th. Of course, I was absolutely thrilled.

Featuring four brilliant new tracks, (including Paloma's own unique interpretation of her collaboration with Sigma for Changing) which only allude to Paloma's breathtaking talents further, the album is simply spectacular. When A Perfect Contradiction was released on March 10th this year, I was hand-on-heart satisfied that Paloma had risen to her musical crescendo and had successfully accomplished perfection. After listening (several dozen times) to her latest album, I am simply bewildered. The latest album features Paloma's brand new track Leave While I'm Not Looking, written by Diane Warren as a romantic sequel to the biggest selling single of Paloma's career, the beautiful Only Love Can Hurt Like This. The album also features fabulous collaborations with Naughty Boy, Sam Smith, Kylie and Robyn to name but a few. A lady famous for her beautifully unique, quirky spin on a gorgeous retro vogue, Paloma seems to do no wrong as she continues to flourish through her seventh perpetual year in her musical career. I can only begin to imagine the wonderful surprises she has planned for us in the future. Eep!



No comments:

Post a Comment