Thursday 30 October 2014

The Onset of Winter.


This morning, for the very first time this year, I felt the icy cold of the creeping winter. As I write this blog, I am surrounded by free standing gas fires, colleagues still wrapped up tightly in their favourite winter coats and cups of tea aplenty (about which I cannot complain). For the very first time this year, the freezing cold of my steering wheel forced me back into the house to root frantically through my drawers and cupboards until (much to my joy) I located my snuggliest winter mittens. With the onset of winter, for me at least, comes an altogether new source of delicious inspiration. 

During the summer months, which exist now as nothing more than a sweet, distant memory, I am quite content to lounge on a towel in my back garden, inhaling the beautiful fragrance of the flowers of summer with my head buried deep into the pages of a book. During the winter months, however, I am ready for adventure. I love nothing more than to wrap up in my cosy knitwear, throw on my hat and scarf and wellington boots and rush off to a distant forest or national park. The truth is, winter excites me. There is something about the frosty bite in the air that leaves me longing to explore. 

As a result of this desire, I have made a pact with myself. I have decided that between now and the most wonderful time of the year (why, Christmas, of course!) I am going to try my hardest to discover and explore as many exciting, wonderful new places as I possibly can. 

Do you have a favourite spot for a winter adventure? 

Lou x 

No comments:

Post a Comment